Representative of German Industry and Trade
The Representative of German Industry and Trade (RGIT) is the liason of the Federation of German Industries (BDI) and the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK) in Washington, DC. RGIT represents their interests vis-à-vis the U.S. government and the U.S. Congress, and reports and advises on a variety of economic policy issues and developments in German-American relations.
The Federation of German Industries (BDI)
- BDI - The voice of German Industry
- The BDI is the umbrella organization of German industry and industry-related services. It speaks for 36 trade associations and more than 100,000 enterprises with around 8 million employees.
Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK)
- DIHK is the central organization for 79 Chambers of Commerce and Industry in Germany and speaks for more than 3 million businesses of all sizes.
- DIHK represents all commercial enterprises in Germany.
- DIHK is coordinating the worldwide network of the German Chambers of Commerce (AHKs), Delegations and Representative Offices at 130 locations in 90 countries.